Wednesday, February 13, 2019

A Valentine's Playlist







I recently received a Valentine's Day Playlist from an e-magazine I subscribe to and in the spirit of the holiday (and Black History Month )  and because I am a fan of  love I decided to do my own playlist.   I wanted to limit it to 50 songs ( that was super hard!) and I wanted to include a few newer artists even though I am definitely old school. 

If you've never heard of any of these or you don't like any of them then we can't be friends!

 



So here we go, in no particular order:


  1.  Let’s Stay Together   Al  Green
  2. You’re the Best Thing Yet   Anita Baker
  3.  If you Were Here Tonight   Alexander O Neal
  4. Sunshine  Alexander O Neal
  5.  U Do it For Me  Algebra
  6. Afraid  Amel Larrieux
  7. Sweet Love   Anita Baker
  8. Angel   Angela Winbush
  9. My First Love  Rene and Angela
  10. You and I  Avant and Keke Wyatt
  11. We Go A Long Way Back Bloodstone
  12. Love’s Train  Con Funk Shun
  13. La La Means I Love You The Delfonics
  14. Free Deniece Williams
  15. Can’t Hide Love Earth Wind and Fire
  16. Reasons Earth Wind and Fire
  17. You’re the Only One Eric Benet
  18. Runnin  Eric Benet
  19. Ain’t No Woman Like the One I Got  The Four Tops
  20. Yearning for Your Love  Gap band
  21. Tell Me Groove Theory
  22. He Is Heather Headley
  23. Always and Forever  Heatwave
  24. Ready for Love India Arie
  25. Don’t Say Goodnight  The Isley Brothers
  26. Footsteps in the Dark, Isley Brothers
  27. We Both Deserve Each Others Love Jeffrey Osborne
  28. Kissing You Keith Washington
  29. For You Kenny Lattimore
  30. Heaven Sent Keyshia Cole
  31. Love Ballad LTD Jeffrey Osborne
  32. Forever in your Eyes Mint Condition
  33. Lovin You  O Jays
  34. Adore Prince
  35. Nothing's Ever Felt Like This Rachelle Ferrell & Will Downing
  36. Your Smile Rene and Angela
  37. No Ordinary Love Sade
  38. This is for the Lover in You Shalamar
  39. I Wanna Be Closer Switch
  40. Just My Imagination Temptations
  41. Here I Stand Usher
  42. Best Part Daniel Caesar featuring H.E.R
  43. Before I Do Sevyn Streeter
  44. All I Do Troop
  45. Send for Me Atlantic Starr
  46. A Love of your Own Average White Band
  47. You Raheem DeVaughn
  48. Yes  Musiq Soulchild
  49. Teach Me Musiq Soulchild
  50. 1990X  Maxwell

Still with me?  I'm not saying these are the greatest in the world or that there are some not on the list that should be, but I had to limit myself to 50.  Hopefully you like some of them and they bring back some fond memories for you.   If so, then as a Valentine buddy of mine:





 Feel free to add some of your own  favorites in the comments.  Oh and two last things before I leave:
AND

1 comment: